09 May 2013

this week on Best in Show- The Flashbulb live in Hollywood 2006



The Flashbulb live at The Vanguard, Hollywood, CA, 15 November 2006.

This one falls into the same category as my recordings of Venetian Snares and Richard Devine in that at the time, I recorded only my own audience bootleg, only to find out later that somebody in a position of authority had recorded and subsequently uploaded/released a board tape. I have combined the two, and the resulting 'live album' sounds infinitely better than either of the individual recordings by themselves.

My biggest hurdle with this project was that the board tape was riddled with serious problems. Really a disaster. Lots of nasty clipping. Channels dropping in and out with the accompanying sounds of cables being plugged in and pulled out. Stuff like that. I repaired/restored/fixed much of that, although there were some parts where it was totally FUBAR, but I did what I could with it. The good news is that not only did I make significant improvements in the board tape, but the audience recording helped in smoothing out many of the rough spots once I combined them.

In November of 2006 he was touring in support of his classic Flexing Habitual album so he plays many songs from that, as well as a few from earlier releases like Kirlian Selections and Reunion.

Listen in, Sunday at 4pm west coast time at mixlr.com/humorlessproductions.

No comments:

Post a Comment